Before filing your application by online, please consider the below instructions , Any defaults in this may lead to rejection of your application:
- Upload only legible documents, which were scanned in color.
- It is mandatory that you have to upload attested copies ( True copy certification from a gazetted officer of state or central government) of your documents, wherever it is asked.
- Nationality certificate, which is older than six months are rejected. A sample nationality certificate is attached here.
- Passport is not an alternative document for the ‘nationality certificate’. You shall download the format from the Saral Sanchar website after filling your personal details. Then, upload a scanned copy of the same after getting it signed from an official mentioned on that document. Do not upload any other formats available on internet.
- For date of birth proof, you shall only upload a document which contains all the details like your name, father’s name and date of birth. It is always better to upload an attested copy of your passport or your SSLC/ matriculation certificate.
- Do NOT upload documents in Tamil or regional languages.
- Do NOT get your documents attested from a NOTORY or from a PSU like a bank, or from an autonomous body like a university.
- In the attested copies of your documents or in the nationality certificate, officer’s sign, name and official seal, date and office address seal MUST be present and it must be in English or in Hindi.
- Do NOT shuffle your initials and name. (Hari R and R Hari are two persons. Hari and Haari are also two different names.) Also, do not enter a different name than what you have in the DOB proof.
- Do NOT upload casual photos taken in a mobile phone.
- You have do the payment through the NTRP portal and then file your application on SaralSanchar website. Payment alone doesn’t make you eligible for exam
Step 1: Pay the exam fee by online
Exam fee has to be paid through the NTRP portal ,BharatKosh. https://bharatkosh.gov.in
Create an account if you don’t have one, and add the telecommunication department as your default payment department when prompted while registering or you could just edit it after login. Go to edit/view profile and set the ministry to Telecommunication
Now you should be able to see ‘Receipt for DOT’ under the tab ‘Make your payment’
Clicking the ‘Receipt for DOT ‘ will lead to another window as below, use the search option to select payment type.
Now select the Regional headquarters under which your monitoring station comes in, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mangalore, Thiruvananthapuram and Chennai comes under the DDO of TamilNadu.
Exam fee is ₹100 for restricted and ₹100 for general, and if you wish to appear for both ₹200 is the exam fee you have to pay.
Register in the Saral Sanchar website https://saralsanchar.gov.in/
Step 3: Download the Nationality certificate format.
Step 4: Be ready with the following document before proceeding to the next part of the online application.
- Scanned color photograph and signature (both shall be in separate files in JPEG format and less than 50kb in size each).
- Scanned copy of proof of Date of Birth document(s) duly attested by Gazetted officer of Central or State Government (in PDF format 50kB).
- Scanned copy of proof of Address document(s) (copy of any one of Aadhar card/Election card/Driving License/Ration Card/ Electricity Bill/Bank Passbook/Telephone bill/ Rent agreement etc) document(s) duly attested by Gazetted officer of Central or State Government (in PDF format- 50kB ).
- Scanned copy of receipt of payment through NTRP Portal(Bharatkosh) (in PDF format)
- Scanned copy of the Nationality certificate, duly attested by a Gazetted officer or any other officer mentioned in the format ( in PDF 50kB)
Step 5: Login to the Saral Sanchar website again and finish the application form by uploading all the documents. Validate the form and submit it.
A detailed guide for using Saral sanchar website is here : Download